WAY TO GO LAKERS!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Coming Home

The past few weeks I have gotten a little home sick, I know this probably makes mom happy to hear. Yes I admit it, i miss it back there a little. But just a little. I have been planning to come home while Tammy is there. I was hoping to spend the 4th of July with the family, but that is not going to happen. It falls on a friday, and the guy that works for me can not work every other weekend. It seems everytime there is a holiday or something comes up on a weekend it is his weekend off. I am going to break my record this time when I come home. Usually I leave as quick as I get there. This time will be different. Yes I want to spend time with the family, but there are also a few things I have wanted to do everytime I come home. For one reason or another, I haven't been able to do them. So this time I am going to do them. I searched prices online tonight. I know fuel prices are up, and these airline companies were not going to give me a ticket for nothing. I thought I would check Southwest first, to my surprise they were outrageous compared to what I was hoping for. They wanted $288 each way plus taxes and fees. The cheapest I could find was a total of $388. That included the fees. It was through American. Anyways, I thought I would go back to where I bought my flights before, not long after I first moved out here. I did not expect to get my price i asked for. Yes, I used priceline. I do not know why I have not been using them the last few times I flew, but I was surprised. They excepted $275. Now y'all want to know when I am coming. I guess you may want notice so you can get out of dodge. Lets just say I will be there when Tammy gets there, and I am leaving to come back to Arkansas July 2nd. Two things I hope I can do when I come home is go hiking to lake blanche, and maybe visit Bill Van Valkenburg, if he is in the country, and visit a few others from the past.

4 comments:

Cindy & Billy said...

sounds like your in for a real treat. hope you have a blast on your home visit.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coleen said...

Yay!! I'm so excited to see you! We'll definitely have to go hiking :-)

britentj said...

Can't wait to see ya!!! We are looking forward to a little vaca here! FINALLY!